The Wink smarthome hub lets you automate all sorts of different tasks around the house by setting up Wink “Robots”. But strangely, when it comes to scheduling your smart lights, that feature is set up differently.
RELATED: How to Set Up the Wink Hub (and Start Adding Devices)
Wink Robots consist of a trigger and an action, similar to how services like IFTTT work. So if you have a motion sensor connected to your Wink hub, you can set up a Robot to send you an alert whenever motion is detected. Or you can have other smarthome devices take action whenever motion is detected.
However, when it comes to scheduling lights, that’s done in a completely different section of the Wink app. Here’s how to set it up.
Start by opening up the app and tapping on the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
Tap on “Lights + Power”.
Tap on the settings gear icon in the top-right corner.
Tap on the “+” button in the top-right corner.
Tap on “New Event” toward the top and give it a name. In this case, I’ll be calling it “Porch Light ON”.
Next, tap on “At”.
Choose a time that you want your light(s) to turn on. You can also choose “Sunrise” or “Sunset”. Hit “Save” when you’ve chosen a time.
Tap on “Repeat” if you only want the schedule to be enabled on certain days. Otherwise, tap on “Make this Happen” under “Effects”.
Select the light or switch that you want to be turned on.
Tap on the toggle switch to switch it to the “On” position and then adjust the brightness where you want it. After that, hit “Save”.
Tap on “Done” in the top-right corner.
Your scheduled light will now appear in the list where you can also quickly disable and re-enable it at any time.
Keep in mind that if you also want to schedule the light to turn off at a certain time, you’ll need to create a separate event that turns the light off, so you’ll end up with two separate events—one to the turn the light on and one that turns it off.
- › How to Automatically Turn On Your Porch Lights When It Gets Dark Out Using Wink
- › How to Automatically Turn Your Lights On and Off Randomly Using Wink
- › Dark Mode Is Coming to Windows Paint
- › Which Browser Offers the Best Privacy Protection?
- › Jam Outdoors With This Harman Portable Speaker, Now $199.99
- › The Meta Quest 3 Will Have a 2x GPU Boost and a Price Hike
- › The Meta Quest 2 Is Returning to Its Original Price
- › Clean Without Compromise and Save on the Roborock S7 Max Ultra