Instagram’s an awesome app for editing and sharing images. With 40 filters to choose from, you have a lot of options. The problem is, those 40 filters are also annoying to wade through when searching for your favorite filter.
Luckily, Instagram lets you rearrange your filters so the ones you use most are always close at hand. You can even hide any filters you don’t ever want to use (ahem, Toaster). Let’s look at how.
With a photo open and on the filters screen, scroll all the way through your filters until you get to the Manage option—it’s not a weird filter but the settings!
To hide a filter, tap the little circle on the far right. Below, I’ve turned off Gingham.
To rearrange the filters, grab the handle on the far left and drag the filter to the position you want.
You can also rearrange or hide your filters directly from the filters screen. Tap and hold on a filter to move it around. Drag it to the spot it says Drag to Hide to hide the filter. You can always turn it back on again from the Manage menu.
- › 11 Tips to Make Instagram Work Better for You
- › How to Save Edited Instagram Photos Without Posting Them
- › Six Hidden Instagram Features That Make Photo Sharing Easier
- › Nothing Teases Its Next Pair of Earbuds
- › How to Unsend or Edit an iMessage on iPhone, iPad and Mac
- › What Is the iPhone 14’s Photonic Engine?
- › Smart Lights Are the Easiest Holiday Decorations
- › How Safety Check on iPhone Protects People in Abusive Relationships