Facebook is the world’s most popular social network, and with that comes a load of problems. Not only do you have to deal with all the regular trolls you find online, but crazy exes, stalkers, and fake profiles looking to con you are all permanent fixtures.
Thankfully, you can block these kinds of users. Let’s look at how.
What Does a Block Do?
When you block someone on Facebook:
- They are no longer to see your posts or visit your profile.
- They can’t find your profile in search.
- They can’t message you with Facebook Messenger.
- They can’t add you as a friend.
- They can’t poke you, tag you, invite you to events or otherwise interact with you.
- You automatically unfriend and unfollow them.
If that sounds like what you want, read on.
How to Block Someone on Facebook
To block someone on Facebook from your web browser, go to their profile page and tap the three dots on the bottom right corner of their Cover Photo.
And then click Confirm.
You can also block someone by clicking on the padlock icon in the top right and then selecting How Do I Stop Someone Bothering Me?
Enter their name and then click Block.
To block someone from the Facebook mobile app, the process is similar. Go to their profile and tap More. Tap Block and then Block again.
You can also go to the Options screen and tap Privacy Shortcuts.
Again select, How Do I Stop Someone Bothering Me?, enter the name of the person you want to block and tap Block.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
To unblock someone on Facebook, go to Privacy Shortcuts > How Do I stop Someone from Bothering Me? on either the website or mobile app.
On the website, select View All Blocked Users.
On the mobile app, tap Blocked Users.
You’ll see a list of all the users you’ve blocked. Select the Unblock button next to the person you want to unblock.
Finally, click Confirm.
Now they’ll be unblocked. To reconnect with them, you will need to add them as a friend again.
- › How to Follow Someone on Facebook
- › 10 Facebook Marketplace Scams to Watch Out For
- › How to Poke Someone on Facebook
- › How to Deal With Bad Photos on Facebook
- › How to Hide Reels on Facebook
- › How to Protect Your Privacy on Facebook
- › How to Block People on Tinder
- › What Are the Pros and Cons of LED Christmas Lights?