Instagram is pretty decent as social networks go, but there is still the occasional troll or spam bot. Let’s look at how to block them.
What Does a Block Do?
When you block someone on Instagram:
- They are no longer able to see, like or comment on your pictures.
- They are no longer able to see your profile.
- If they mention your username, it won’t appear in your notifications.
- You automatically unfollow them.
- Their comments are not deleted from your photos.
If that sounds like what you want, read on.
How to Block Someone on Instagram
Go to the profile of the user you want to block.
Tap the three little dots in the top right corner. Tap BLock, then confirm you want to block that user.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
If you want to unblock someone, just reverse the process. Go to their profile, tap the three dots and tap Unblock twice.
- › How to Pin Comments in Instagram on iPhone and Android
- › How to Tell if Someone Follows You on Instagram
- › How to Stop Your Ex From Stalking You on Social Media
- › How to Report a Post on Instagram
- › Can You Stop People from Adding You to Groups on Instagram?
- › How to Restrict Someone on Instagram
- › How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
- › How to Set Up Bluetooth on Linux