Snapchat, with it’s disappearing photos, is an easy app for people to abuse. A one-second Snap can be pretty traumatic and impossible to prove happened; unless you’re quick enough to screenshot it, it’s gone as soon as you look at it. If someone is harassing you on Snapchat, here’s how to block them.
What Does a Snapchat Block Do?
Blocking someone on Snapchat:
- Removes them from your Friends list.
- Removes you from their Friends list.
- Blocks them from sending you Snaps and Chats.
- Blocks them from seeing your Story.
- Prevents them re-adding you as a Friend.
If that sounds like what you want, read on.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat
There are a few ways to block someone on Snapchat.
If the person you want to block has recently sent you a Snap, long press on their name in the Chat screen.
Next, tap the Gear icon and then tap Block. Tap Block again.
They’re now blocked and removed from your friends list.
If the person you want to block hasn’t sent you a Snap recently, go to the Snap screen and swipe down.
Tap My Friends and then long press on the friend you want to block.
Once again, tap the Gear icon followed by Block twice.
Finally, to block someone who’s added you as a Friend but you haven’t added back, go to the Snap screen and swipe down.
This time, tap Added Me and then long press on the name of the person you want to block.
Tap the Gear icon and Block twice to remove them.
How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat
To unblock someone on Snapchat, swipe down on the Snap screen and tap the Gear icon.
Scroll down to Account Actions and tap Blocked.
Tap the X next to the person to unblock them.
Once you’ve unblocked them, you’ll need to add them as a friend again.
- › Don’t Have the Google Discover Feed on Your Android Phone? Tap the “G” Logo
- › How to Enable Offline Translation in Apple’s Translate App on iPhone
- › How to Block a Website in Mozilla Firefox
- › How to Change Where New Apps Are Placed on iPhone
- › Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S: Which Should You Buy?