If you’ve been trying out the public beta of Internet Explorer 9, you might want to revert back to IE 8 for some reason. Here we look at how to uninstall IE 9 and get IE 8 back.
Uninstall IE 9 Beta
First type appwiz.cpl into the Search box in the Start Menu and hit Enter which will open Programs and Features. Alternately you can open the Start Menu \ Control Panel \ Programs and Features.
Now in Programs and Features click View installed updates located on the left pane.
Then find Windows Internet Explorer 9, right-click, and uninstall.
Yes we’re sure…
Then a restart is require to complete the uninstall process.
This will restore you back to IE 8 and you will need to go through the process of setting it up again.
If you tried out IE 9 and aren’t happy with it or have proprietary software in the office that doesn’t work with it yet, reverting back to IE 8 is a simple process.
For more on Internet Explorer 9 check out our screenshot tour.
- › Google Chrome 114 Arrives With New Reading Mode
- › System76 Gazelle (gaze18) Review: A Portable Linux Powerhouse
- › The New HyperX Cloud III Headset Works With All Your Devices
- › 11 Apple Music Features You Should Be Using
- › 10 Common Backup Mistakes Most People Make
- › 10 Free Comedy Movies You Can Watch Right Now