Those tiny lights on your Eero router may not seem very bright, but once you turn the lights off in the room, it’s like they shine as bright as the sun. There are ways you can block or dim the LED lights on all your device, but the Eero actually has an option to turn these off.
In the Eero App
To turn off the LED lights on your Eero units, you can do so within the app. Start by opening it up and tapping on one of your Eero units at the bottom of the main screen.
Select where it says “LED light”.
Tap on the toggle switch on the right to turn off the LED light for that specific Eero unit.
Go back and repeat the same steps for your other Eero units if you’d like. Unfortunately, you can’t off the lights on all the units at the same time.
If you have an Amazon Echo or another Alexa-enabled device, you can use voice commands to turn off the lights on your Eero units, as long as you have the Eero third-party Alexa skill installed first (and your Eero account is linked).
You can then turn off the LED lights on all the units at once, buy saying something like “Alexa, tell Eero to turn off the LEDs.” You can also say “lights” instead, or you can tell Alexa to only turn off the light on a specific Eero unit by saying “Alexa, tell Eero to turn off Living Room light.”
Unfortunately, though, you can’t use Alexa to turn the lights back on—you must do it through the Eero app instead.
Keep in mind that if there’s ever a problem with your Eero network, the red LED light will continue to show, even if you’ve turned off the LED light in the app. The light is only off when your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly.
- › How to Get the Most Out of Your Eero Mesh Wi-Fi System
- › What Is “Shell Infrastructure Host” and Why Is It Running on My PC?
- › Facebook Messenger Is Making a Splash on Windows 11
- › Get a Gift Card and Save Up to $25 With These TurboTax Deals
- › How to Make a Fraction in Microsoft Word
- › Did You Know iTunes for Windows Supports AirPlay, Too?
- › Check Out This Super-Detailed Teardown of the Google Pixel 7