Group Chats are awesome if you’re in a club, want to keep in touch with all your friends, or are trying organize something. Unfortunately, if you’re busy and the other members decide to have a long, detailed conversation about the latest episode of Game of Thrones, your phone is going to beep and flash constantly.
Here’s how to stop that happening while still letting notifications from other chats and apps through.
Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to the offending Group Chat. Tap the group’s name to get to the Group Info screen.
From the Group Info screen, tap Mute. Then, select how long you want to turn off notifications from the group for: 8 Hours, 1 Week, or 1 Year.
If you’re completely fed up with all the notifications and want to leave the Group Chat for good, scroll down to the bottom of the Group Info page and tap Exit Group instead.
Group Chats can be really useful, but the constant notifications can get a bit much. If you want to stop a WhatsApp Group Chat from taking over your phone, just Mute it.
- › How to Silence WhatsApp Group Notification Sounds
- › Is a VPN Worth Paying For?
- › Worried About Handheld Gaming PC Battery Life? Just Buy a Powerbank
- › 1080p vs. 1440p vs. 4K Monitors: How Big Is the Difference?
- › Acer’s New Swift Edge 16 Laptop Is Thin and Has Wi-Fi 7
- › 5 Google Maps Scams (And How to Avoid Them)
- › How to Check Your RAM Speed