Group Chats are awesome if you’re in a club, want to keep in touch with all your friends, or are trying organize something. Unfortunately, if you’re busy and the other members decide to have a long, detailed conversation about the latest episode of Game of Thrones, your phone is going to beep and flash constantly.
Here’s how to stop that happening while still letting notifications from other chats and apps through.
Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to the offending Group Chat. Tap the group’s name to get to the Group Info screen.
From the Group Info screen, tap Mute. Then, select how long you want to turn off notifications from the group for: 8 Hours, 1 Week, or 1 Year.
If you’re completely fed up with all the notifications and want to leave the Group Chat for good, scroll down to the bottom of the Group Info page and tap Exit Group instead.
Group Chats can be really useful, but the constant notifications can get a bit much. If you want to stop a WhatsApp Group Chat from taking over your phone, just Mute it.
- › How to Show or Hide Notification Badges in the App Library on iPhone
- › What Is the Xbox Cloud Gaming (Project xCloud)?
- › How to Switch AirPods Automatically on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- › Keyboard Shortcuts for Using Virtual Desktops on Windows 10
- › Don’t Have the Google Discover Feed on Your Android Phone? Tap the “G” Logo