WhatsApp is a great way to stay in contact with people, regardless of what smartphone they use. And, like SMS, WhatsApp supports Group Chats so you can talk with a group of friends, your sports team, clubs, or any other group of people. Here’s how to start a group chat in WhatsApp.
Open WhatsApp on your smartphone. On iOS, tap New Group. On Android, tap the Menu icon and then New group.
Scroll down through your contacts and tap on anyone you want to add to the group. When you’re done, tap Next.
Add a Subject for your Group Chat and, if you want, a thumbnail.
Tap Create and your Group Chat is ready to go. Any message sent to it, gets shared with everyone.
In a Group Chat, even if you have Read Receipts turned off, you’re still able to see who’s received and read your messages. Just swipe to the left on any message.
To manage your Group Chat, click on its name. Here, you can add new participants, delete the group, and change the Subject and Thumbnail.
If you want to make someone else an Admin—they’ll be able to add new members and kick out old ones—or remove someone from your Group Chat, tap on their name and then the relevant option.
Now you’ll be able to keep up with all your friends easily—no matter where they live or what kind of phone they have.
- › How to Delete a WhatsApp Group
- › How to Make Group Voice and Video Calls on WhatsApp
- › How to Delete Your WhatsApp Account
- › The Best Work From Home Apps for iPhone and Android
- › How to Know if Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- › What to Do If You Drop Your Smartphone in the Ocean
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?