The Apple Watch’s watchOS 3 includes a Dock feature, which allows you to access frequently used apps by pressing the long side button. You can easily add, remove, and rearrange apps on the Dock to better suit your needs.
To add an app to the Dock on the Watch, you first need to open the app, then open the Dock and swipe to “Recent”. Wait a few seconds and then tap “Keep in Dock” when it appears below the recently used app.
If you want to quickly remove an app, you need to swipe up on the app you don’t want and tap “Remove”.
Finally, if you want to rearrange the order of your apps, pull down on the app and move it left or right into the position you desire.
All of these actions can also be accomplished using the Watch app on your iPhone. First, open the app and then tap “Dock”.
Once you’ve opened the Dock configuration, tap the “Edit” button in the upper-right corner.
To add apps to the Dock, tap the green “+” button to the left of it. To remove apps from the Dock, tap the red “-” button.
To rearrange apps, long-press and then drag the app using the three lines along the right edge.
Once you’re satisfied with your changes, tap the “Done” button.
The Dock is definitely a step in the right direction for the Watch, since it’s one of those devices for which everyone will have their own very specific uses. To that end, being able to quickly access a few of your favorite apps will save you a lot of time hunting for them.
- › 12 Awesome Safari Features You Should Be Using on iPhone
- › How to Remove Recommendations on Amazon Fire Tablets
- › How to Turn On the Flashlight on Android
- › How to Forward a Text Message on Android
- › Does an Ionic Air Purifier Clean Better Than Standard Units?
- › Should You Plug a UPS Into a Surge Protector?
- › What Is Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)?