If you’ve decided to get rid of your Ring Doorbell, here’s how to completely reset it to its factory settings.
The Ring Doorbell actually doesn’t necessarily need to be reset, since the unit itself doesn’t save any specific data on it that’s related to your usage. Instead, you simply disassociate the device from your Ring account using the app. After that happens, the unit can be set up and used by a different person.
Before you start, keep in mind that removing your Ring Doorbell from the Ring app will also delete any and all video recordings from your phone, so before you reset everything, be sure to download any videos you might want to keep.
Start off by opening up the app and tapping on your Ring Doorbell in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner.
Tap on “Remove Device” toward the bottom.
Select “Delete” when the pop-up appears.
That’s all there is to it. Your Ring Doorbell will disappear from the app and it will be ready to set up again for someone else, whether you sell it to a stranger or give it to a friend.
- › Don’t Have the Google Discover Feed on Your Android Phone? Tap the “G” Logo
- › How to Enable Offline Translation in Apple’s Translate App on iPhone
- › How to Block a Website in Mozilla Firefox
- › How to Change Where New Apps Are Placed on iPhone
- › Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S: Which Should You Buy?