If you’ve decided to get rid of your Ring Doorbell, here’s how to completely reset it to its factory settings.
The Ring Doorbell actually doesn’t necessarily need to be reset, since the unit itself doesn’t save any specific data on it that’s related to your usage. Instead, you simply disassociate the device from your Ring account using the app. After that happens, the unit can be set up and used by a different person.
Before you start, keep in mind that removing your Ring Doorbell from the Ring app will also delete any and all video recordings from your phone, so before you reset everything, be sure to download any videos you might want to keep.
Start off by opening up the app and tapping on your Ring Doorbell in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner.
Tap on “Remove Device” toward the bottom.
Select “Delete” when the pop-up appears.
That’s all there is to it. Your Ring Doorbell will disappear from the app and it will be ready to set up again for someone else, whether you sell it to a stranger or give it to a friend.
- › How to Turn off a Chromebook Screen When Connected to an External Display
- › How to Use Your iPhone or iPad as an Apple TV Remote
- › How to Generate Two-Factor Authentication Codes in 1Password
- › 3 Ways to “Bookmark” a Folder in Finder on Mac
- › How to Automatically Back up Windows Folders to OneDrive