Ask any computer power user how much more efficient they are by using keyboard shortcuts, and the general consensus will likely be “a lot.” It’s no different for Chrome OS users, and Google baked-in a slew of useful keyboard shortcuts—including one that will show you all the others.
Basically, if you’re ever in need of a definitive list of every Chrome OS keyboard shortcut available to you, just press Ctrl+Alt+/ on your keyboard.
Hitting that one shortcut will show an on-screen keyboard, where you can then press Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Search (or any combination of the four!) to expose all available shortcuts with the currently-pressed combination. It’s pretty awesome.
For example, if you can’t remember how to take a screenshot, just hit the master shortcut, then press Ctrl. You’ll quickly find that the combination of Ctrl + “switch window” will take a screenshot. Add the Shift key to that combination, and it’ll take a regional screenshot. Use Ctrl+Alt+switch window to grab a screenshot of a window.
There is a huge collection of key combinations that you can use on Chrome OS, so this is definitely something you’ll want to explore more thoroughly.
- › How to Get the Most Out of Your Chromebook
- › Uber’s Las Vegas Robotaxies Still Need Chaperones (For Now)
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security
- › Apple Will Allow End-To-End Encrypted iCloud Backups
- › How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post