Do you seek to increase your computing efficiency? It’s always nice when you can cut down on any unnecessary clicks during the course of your day. With one simple trick, you can reduce activating Do Not Disturb by two clicks.
Normally, to activate Do Not Disturb on macOS, you have to click the upper-right corner to open the notification center, scroll up to show the Do Not Disturb button, turn on Do Not Disturb, and then close the notification center–three clicks and a scroll.
While this isn’t necessarily an arduous process, there is a much easier way. Press and hold the Option key, then click the notification area. Do Not Disturb will instantly be turned on or off.
You don’t need to open the notification center to verify, either–you can tell whether it’s on or off by its color. If Do Not Disturb is on the icon will be greyed out. If it is off, then it will be black.
It’s always nice when you can find a new, lesser known way of of saving time or unlocking a secret, like using Option+Shift to change the volume or brightness in smaller increments, or using the Terminal to change screenshot file type.
While it might not seem like you’re cutting a ton of work out of your routine, if you put this and any other shortcuts you know together, it definitely adds up over time.
- › 12 Tips for Video Conferencing While You Work From Home
- › 10 Samsung Galaxy Features You Should Be Using
- › How Much Does It Cost to Recharge a Battery?
- › 4 Ways You’re Damaging Your Laptop’s Battery
- › PrivadoVPN Review: Disrupting the Market?
- › These Gadgets Banish Mosquitos
- › How Far Can an Electric Car Go on One Charge?