One of the best ways to extend the features of the Amazon Echo is by installing third-party Alexa Skills. However, if you installed a Skill that you’re not particularly fond of, here’s how to uninstall it from your Amazon Echo.
Granted, there’s no harm in having a ton of Alexa Skills installed, as it doesn’t take up any storage. But it’s a good idea to uninstall any Skills that you don’t use simply to clean things up in the Alexa app, as well as to prevent yourself from accidentally initiating an unwanted Skill on your Echo device.
To begin, start by opening up the Alexa app on your smartphone and tapping on the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
From there, select “Skills” from the list.
Next, tap on “Your Skills” in the top-right corner of the screen.
You’ll then see a list of Alexa Skills that you have installed on your Amazon Echo. Simply tap on the one that you want to uninstall.
Tap on “Disable Skill” to uninstall it.
A confirmation pop-up will appear. Tap on “Disable Skill” to confirm the uninstallation.
That’s all there is to it! You can hit the back arrow in the top-left corner to go back to the list of installed Skills and choose more to uninstall if you wish. Otherwise, you can exit out of the Alexa app.
- › Google’s Pixel 7 Will Only Get Three Years of OS Updates
- › That’s No Moon, That’s an Ad
- › Hey Google, Longer Device Support Would Help the Earth Too
- › What Is “Watch Only” Mode on a Galaxy Watch? (and How to Use It)
- › How to Mirror or Flip Text in Microsoft Word
- › How to Change a Windows User Account Password From Command Prompt