When you tap certain items your phone will vibrate just a bit, giving you a little feedback. Sometimes this is nice, but maybe you don’t like it. The good news is it’s easy to disable on any Android device.
Of course, this is Android we’re talking about, so the process is going to vary depending on your specific model. That being said, you should be able to follow along loosely and find the necessary settings on your phone or tablet.
RELATED: What Are Android Skins?
Table of Contents
First, swipe down from the top of the screen twice to expand the Quick Settings, then tap the gear icon to open the Settings.
From there, jump down to the “Sound & Vibration” option. Tap that.
Scroll down to “Vibration & Haptics.” Note that this will be disabled if your phone is on silent mode, which also disabled haptics.
Now simply toggle off the switch for “Use Vibration & Haptics.”
If you’d also like to remove touch vibrations from the keyboard, check out our guide for how to do that.
First, swipe down once from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon to open the Settings.
Now go to the “Sounds and Vibration” section.
Scroll down to “System Sound/Vibration Control.”
The bottom section of toggles is for vibration. Toggle on or off any of the things you’d like to change.
Note that you can disable vibration for the Samsung Keyboard here, but if you use another keyboard, you’ll have to do it from that app’s settings.
Your phone will now be vibration and haptic feedback-free. Haptic feedback is nice if your phone has a good vibration motor, but it can be annoying if it doesn’t feel good.
- › How to Adjust the Vibration Intensity of Your Android Phone
- › What Is Extended Reality (XR), and Will it Replace VR?
- › What Do “FR” and “FRFR” Mean?
- › This Is How Steve Jobs Killed Adobe Flash
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Series Are the First 5nm Desktop CPUs Ever
- › The Origins of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+Z Explained
- › Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy on the Eyes, Not the Fingertips
- › How to Make Your Facebook Account More Private