If you need to adjust your Google sign-in settings, Android Pay options, Google Fit data, or anything else dealing specifically with your Google account, you’ll need to access the “Google Settings” app. On most Android phones, you can find Google Settings in Settings > Google (under the “Personal” section). Figuring out where Samsung put this on the S7 turns out to be quite the pain—it’s not at all anywhere that makes sense.
Since Samsung doesn’t know how to leave things alone, you won’t even find a section titled “Google” in the Settings menu. I checked “Accounts” first, but that wasn’t it either. How about settings in the Google app itself? Nope. I guess part of the blame here is on Google for having such convoluted names for its apps and whatnot.
Okay, so to actually access Google Settings on the S7, you’ll first need to jump into the Settings menu pulling down the notification panel and tapping the cog icon.
From there, scroll down to the “Applications” entry. Tap that.
Now, scroll all the way down to the bottom. BOOM: Google Settings.
Once you know where it is, it’s simple. But finding it in the first place, is pretty annoying. Hopefully now you won’t have to deal with those moments of pure irritation looking for it like I did. I took the beating on this one. You’re welcome.
- › How to Manage Apps and Devices Signed into Your Google Account from Android
- › How to Block Certain Android Apps from Syncing Passwords with Smart Lock
- › Cyber Monday 2021: Best Tech Deals
- › Cyber Monday 2021: Best PC Deals
- › What Is a System on a Chip (SoC)?
- › 12 Basic Excel Functions Everybody Should Know
- › Cyber Monday 2021: Best Apple Deals
- › How to Turn On Lights With Your Alarm