Need to create a cover page for a report you’re writing? You can create a simple, but professional cover page by centering the text both horizontally and vertically. Centering text horizontally on a page is easy, but vertically? That’s also easy and we’ll show you how.
Before you center the text on your title page, you need to separate the cover page from the rest of your report, so only the text on the cover page gets centered vertically. To do this, put the cursor right before the text you want in the new section and insert a “Next Page” section break.
NOTE: If you have any headers or footers in your report you can omit them from your cover page, while preserving them in the rest of the report, by setting up multiple headers and footers.
RELATED: How to Use Breaks in Microsoft Word to Better Format Your Documents
Once your cover page is in a separate section from the rest of your report, put the cursor anywhere on the cover page.
Click the “Page Layout” tab.
Click the “Page Setup” button in the lower-right corner of the “Page Setup” section of the “Page Layout” tab.
On the “Page Setup” dialog box, click the “Layout” tab.
In the “Page” section, select “Center” from the “Vertical alignment” drop-down list.
Your cover page text is now centered vertically on the page.
Centering text vertically can also improve the appearance of short documents, such as a business letter or a cover letter, or any other type of short document where the contents do not fill up the entire page.
- › How to Center Text in a Microsoft Word Table
- › Microsoft Teams Is Now Faster, With a Windows 11-Like Design
- › Intel’s New Tiny PC Has a 13th Gen Core i7 CPU
- › How to Sign Documents Online With SIGN.PLUS
- › How to Watch the 2023 Masters Tournament
- › Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, & Apple Watch Get New Features Today
- › Update Your PC Now to Fix Snipping Tool’s Security Flaw