If you’re happy with the features in Windows 7, but find no use for the games included by default, they can be turned off. In this quick tip we show you how it’s done.
The games in any version of Windows are mediocre at best, and you might want to turn them off so you’re not bothered by them. Or, maybe someone in the family or office likes them too much and is wasting time playing them.
Turn off Games
First type windows features into the Search box in the Start Menu and hit Enter.
This will open the Windows Features screen where you can turn different default features on or off. Uncheck the Games folder…
Alternately you can expand the Games folder and pick and choose which games to turn off. For instance you might just want to turn off Internet Games…when you’re done click OK.
Now give it a few moments while the Games are turned off.
Now when you launch Games from the Start Menu there will be none listed.
Remove Games from the Start Menu
Now that the default games are turned off, you might want to remove it from the Start Menu. Right-click on Start and select Properties.
The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens up…click on Customize.
Scroll down to Games and select Don’t display this item and click OK.
Now when you open the Start Menu, Games is no longer listed.
If you see no need for games on your Windows 7 machine, or you want to prevent a user from playing, turning them off and removing it from the Start Menu is a good start.
- › The 50 Best Ways to Disable Built-in Windows Features You Don’t Want
- › The Best Articles for Tweaking and Customizing Windows 7
- › Apple TV+, AirPlay, and Apple Music Are Coming to More TVs
- › The New ASUS Vivobook 13 OLED Looks Like a Microsoft Surface
- › Google and Bing Are Preparing ChatGPT-Like AI Web Search
- › Satechi Duo Wireless Charger Power Stand Review: Compromised Versatility
- › Samsung Pass Isn’t Limited to Galaxy Phones Anymore
- › ChatGPT: How to Use the AI Chatbot for Free