Everybody knows about how smartphones auto-correct your text in funny and unintended ways, but in the latest versions, iOS added a predictive word suggestions bar that helps to guess what you’re typing. The problem is that it’s often wrong, and it takes up screen space. So if you want to disable it we’ve got you covered.
It’s worth noting that most geeky people probably already know how to disable this, so avoid complaining too much in the comments.
Hide the Suggestions Bar
If you don’t like the space being used but don’t feel like disabling the feature entirely, you can actually just swipe your finger down and the suggestions bar will minimize into a smaller bar that can be expanded at will.
This can be useful if the web form that you’re typing into doesn’t have enough room on the screen, so temporarily hiding the suggestions bar will give you a bit more space on the screen.
Completely Disable Predictive Text Suggestions
If you’d prefer to completely disable the feature, you can head into the Settings and choose General from the list. Then find Keyboard and select that.
Now just flip the switch on “Predictive” and you’re all done.
Now the suggestions bar will be completely gone, and you shouldn’t see it again.
- › How to Turn Off the Character Popups on the iOS 9 Keyboard
- › How to Quickly Select Emoji in Messages on an iPhone or iPad
- › What Is SMS, and Why Are Text Messages So Short?
- › 12 Tricks for Typing Faster on Your iPhone or iPad’s Keyboard
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER