Google recently launched a new tool in the fight against crapware and spyware, and it’s an excellent start to helping clean up a computer that has been infected with nonsense like the Ask Toolbar.
All you need to do is navigate to www.google.com/chrome/srt/ and click the Download now button.
Even if the tool doesn’t find any badware on your computer, it’s going to trigger a reset of all your settings, which can be really useful. You don’t have to reset your settings if you don’t want to, but it’s an option.
Where this could be really useful is when your relatives are having problems with Chrome. Tell them to download and run this tool and then reset their settings. It’ll wipe any nonsense preventing them from using Chrome.
- › How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome
- › Crapware Finds a New Way to Trick Users to Install Browser Extensions
- › How to Remove Trovi / Conduit / Search Protect Browser Hijack Malware
- › How to Troubleshoot Google Chrome Crashes
- › How to Keep Kindle Library Books Past Their Due Date
- › How to Watch the 2023 Super Bowl LVII Without Cable
- › Get the Latest Amazon Kindle for the Best Price Yet
- › How to Fix Blurry Pictures