The Windows 10 Start Menu is really quite busy with all of those live tiles all over it. If that isn’t your thing, luckily you can remove them all really easily.
Simply right-click on the tiles and choose Unpin from Start.
Once they are all gone, the Start Menu will be nice and slim again.
You can also change the color of the Start Menu by right-clicking on any open space on the menu and choosing Personalize from the context menu.
This will bring up a color selector that allows you to make the change easily.
Pinning Tiles Back to the Start Menu
If you want to put the tiles back, you can simply go to the All Apps view, right-click on the app that has a live tile, and choose to pin to the Start Menu again.
Now if they would just remove that stupid Search button from the taskbar.
- › The Windows 10 FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- › How to Disable All of Windows 10’s Built-in Advertising
- › Don’t Downgrade From Windows 10 to Windows 8.1
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › Using Wi-Fi for Everything? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t
- › MSI Clutch GM41 Lightweight Wireless Mouse Review: Versatile Featherweight
- › Why Unlimited Mobile Data Isn’t Actually Unlimited
- › What Does “TFTI” Mean, and How Do You Use It?