If you’ve ever tried to login to your Wi-Fi router, you know exactly why you might want to change the admin password. They never make the password even readable… is that an S or a 5? We can easily change the password though.
To login to your Wi-Fi router, open up a browser and go to 192.168.1.1 and then login with the password located on the sticker on the router itself. (The username is always admin).
Once you are there, look on the lower left-hand side.
Click on the “Change login user name / password” link.
And then you can easily change both the username and the password.
Make sure to write it down somewhere though! Maybe put it on a sticky note and tape it to the router.
For more on configuring your Verizon FIOS router, check out these guides:
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Channel on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Set a DMZ Host On Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Admin Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router