If you have Verizon FIOS, you have the same problem that everybody else has… the default network name is really boring and forgettable. Luckily you can easily change it.
To login to your Wi-Fi router, open up a browser and go to 192.168.1.1 and then login with the password located on the sticker on the router itself. (The username is always admin).
Once there, head into Wireless Settings on the main menu.
And then click on Basic Security Settings on the left-hand side. You’ll probably have to click through a warning message.
Now that you are finally in the settings screen, you can finally change the SSID in here. (Once you are done you’ll need to click the save button at the bottom of the screen).
You can really name it anything you want, but something simple and memorable is probably the best. And don’t forget, if you live close to your neighbors, they can see what your network name is.
For more on configuring your Verizon FIOS router, check out these guides:
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Channel on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Set a DMZ Host On Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Admin Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router