If you lose your Android device, it’s not likely you’ll get it back. However, there are some kind souls out there who will try to return it, but if the device is locked, they won’t know how to reach you.
You can easily display your contact information on the lock screen, someone who finds your device can contact you to return it. We’ll show you how using a Google Nexus 7 as an example.
On the home screen, drag down from the notifications bar on the right side and touch Settings.
On the Settings screen, under Personal, touch Security.
In the Screen Security section of the Security screen, touch Owner info.
Enter your contact information on the Owner info screen and then touch the down arrow to hide the keyboard.
Make sure the Show owner info on lock screen check box is checked. Press the Back button to return to the Security screen.
If you want your device to lock immediately when you press the Power button, select the Power button instantly locks check box on the Security screen.
The next time you lock your screen, your contact information displays on the lock screen, as shown in the image at the beginning of this article.
- › How to Not Lose Your Stuff
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)