Have you installed so many apps in Windows 8.1 that you’re quickly running out of room? This might especially be the case if you’re using a Windows tablet. There is an easy way to see how much space each installed app is using.
NOTE: We show this procedure being done on a PC, so we talk about clicking with the mouse. If you’re using a tablet, simply touch the screen with your finger instead.
To begin, press the Windows key + C to open the Charms bar on the right side of the screen. It does not matter whether you are on the Desktop or the Start screen.
Click Change PC Settings in the pane on the right.
On the PC settings screen, click Search and apps.
Under Search and apps, in the left pane, click App sizes.
The App sizes screen displays with a progress bar as Windows determines the app sizes. A message also tells you how much space is available on your PC (or tablet).
The list displays and shows how much space each app takes up on your hard drive. To uninstall an app, simply click on it and then click Uninstall.
Now you can keep better track of your apps and avoid running out of space unexpectedly.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?