The other day we wrote a guide to help people choose a battery pack for recharging their mobile devices, but we never considered that some people might want to also use it as a jump starter for their car. Well, we came across one that can do just that.
The PowerAll PBJS12000R Rosso Red/Black Portable Power Bank and Car Jump Starter not only has the longest name for a product ever, it also works as 3 different products: a 12,000 mAh battery charger for your phone or tablet, a LED flash light, and a jump starter for your car. It’s compact and lightweight, so you could easily carry it around with you, or just stick it in the glove compartment while traveling.
You’d think that it would require a really large battery pack to jump start your car, but according to the manufacturer, this thing can be used for jump starting purposes up to 20 times if fully charged. You just hook up the two jumper cable clamps — red for positive and black for negative, of course, and then attempt to start the car. And yes, it comes with the jumper cables.
If you have to jump your car at night, you’ll be glad to know that it comes with a built-in LED flashlight, strobe light, and SOS signal flash that lasts for 120 hours for when you get really lost on an island or something. It’s got both AC and DC chargers, a big set of adapters for every device you can imagine, and dual USB ports to plug a standard USB charger into.
Yeah, we realize that this isn’t actually a new product, but it’s probably one that you’ve never heard of (we certainly hadn’t). Thanks to PopSci for pointing it out.
- › HTG Reviews the RAVPower Bolt: The All-In-One Charger You Crave
- › The 10 Best Gadgets of CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in 2014
- › What is a Heads Up Display (HUD), and Should I Get One?
- › Are PCs Dying? Of Course Not, Here’s Why
- › What to Consider Before Buying an Electric Car
- › The Complete Guide to Buying an External Battery Pack
- › The 5 Best Blu-ray Players of 2022
- › Why Is My Printer Offline? (and How to Get It Online)