Windows 8 infamously removed the Start Button, and then Windows 8.1 brought that button back — but maybe you are the kind of person that got used to it being gone. So now you can remove it again.
The only thing you’ll need to do is go download the StartIsGone application from WinAero, unzip it, choose the right version for your platform, whether x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit), save the files somewhere safe, and then run the application.
Once you run it, you’ll notice the Start button is gone. You’ll also notice a little icon in the tray, which you should click, and choose the “Run at startup” option, and then “Hide tray icon”.
It’s worth noting that this application will be running in the background, and while it doesn’t take up a ton of resources, perhaps you should just get used to the Start Button being back :-)
- › Clean Without Compromise and Save on the Roborock S7 Max Ultra
- › The Meta Quest 3 Will Have a 2x GPU Boost and a Price Hike
- › Dark Mode Is Coming to Windows Paint
- › Which Browser Offers the Best Privacy Protection?
- › Jam Outdoors With This Harman Portable Speaker, Now $199.99
- › The Meta Quest 2 Is Returning to Its Original Price