One of the more tedious tasks in cleaning up your computer to reclaim hard drive space is finding and deleting duplicate files. Today we look Duplicate File Finder from MindGems, a free utility for finding and getting rid of the extra baggage.
Using Duplicate File Finder
This works with Windows 98 through Windows 7 so is a great way to clean up new and legacy systems. It has a nicely laid out interface for scanning and identifying duplicate files on a single computer or an entire network.
Add or remove folders to check in the folder screen then start a scan. It will scan the main folders and all subfolders for duplicates.
Scans are quick with ability to scan removable media such as USB drives, flash cards, optical discs, external drives, and network drives.
The duplicate files will be highlighted and you can open them up or preview them within the application.
One of the cool features is the ability to preview the dup files including text and binary docs, pictures, and audio.
If you have thousands of files it comes in handy to locate them in explorer.
If you are looking for a free way to easily find duplicate files on your computer or network, Fast Duplicate File Finder is definitely worth a look.
Download Fast Duplicate File Finder
- › The 35 Best Tips and Tricks for Maintaining Your Windows PC
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Tablet vs. eReader: Which Is Better for Ebooks?