This approach works for any linux operating system, including Ubuntu, and is probably most often used in conjunction with web development work.
tail -f /path/thefile.log
This will give you a scrolling view of the logfile. As new lines are added to the end, they will show up in your console screen.
For Ruby on Rails, for instance, you can view the development logfile by running the command from your project directory:
tail -f log/development.log
As with all linux apps, Ctrl+C will stop it.
- › How To Knock Into Your Network (DD-WRT)
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU
- › Tablet vs. eReader: Which Is Better for Ebooks?
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?