This approach works for any linux operating system, including Ubuntu, and is probably most often used in conjunction with web development work.
tail -f /path/thefile.log
This will give you a scrolling view of the logfile. As new lines are added to the end, they will show up in your console screen.
For Ruby on Rails, for instance, you can view the development logfile by running the command from your project directory:
tail -f log/development.log
As with all linux apps, Ctrl+C will stop it.
- › How To Knock Into Your Network (DD-WRT)
- › Microsoft Edge Is Getting AI Chat and a New Look on Windows
- › Microsoft Is Transforming Bing Into an AI Search Engine
- › Wyze Is Down, It’s Not Just You
- › How to Block or Unblock Someone on TikTok
- › The Best Earbuds for iPhone Fans Just Hit Their Lowest Price
- › The OnePlus 11 Is Here, but With a Rough Start