This approach works for any linux operating system, including Ubuntu, and is probably most often used in conjunction with web development work.
tail -f /path/thefile.log
This will give you a scrolling view of the logfile. As new lines are added to the end, they will show up in your console screen.
For Ruby on Rails, for instance, you can view the development logfile by running the command from your project directory:
tail -f log/development.log
As with all linux apps, Ctrl+C will stop it.
- › How To Knock Into Your Network (DD-WRT)
- › Whatever Happened to Two-Picture TVs?
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw
- › 6 Ways Our Tech Is Better Than Star Trek’s
- › 10 Kodi Features You Should Be Using
- › 5 Ways to See If Your Phone Is Being Tapped
- › How to Test and Replace Your CMOS Battery