Have you ever been in a situation where someone in your family hooked your phone or tablet up to the wireless and now you don’t know the password to connect your other devices?
Note: This requires a rooted Android device.
How to View That Forgotten Wireless Password on Your Android Device
The first thing you will need to do is hit up the play store and download a copy of Root Browser. The lite version will be sufficient.
Once downloaded, open up the app and head into the data folder, as seen below.
From here you will need to head into the misc folder.
Then into the wifi folder.
Finally, you will find a file called wpa_supplicant.conf. Tap on it to open it with your favorite text editor.
Here you will see a list of all the networks you have connected to, along with their security mechanism and password if applicable.
That’s all there is to it.
- › What to Do When You Forget Your Wi-Fi Password
- › How to Recover a Forgotten Wi-Fi Password in OS X
- › Microsoft 365 vs. Office 2021: What’s the Difference?
- › Microsoft PowerPoint on the Web Has a New Video Feature
- › What’s New in Fedora 38
- › Save Big on Online Privacy Protection, Samsung Tablets, & More
- › How to Make Desktop Icons Smaller on Windows 10 or Windows 11
- › Apple WWDC 2023: How to Watch and What to Expect