Firefox has a ton of shortcut keys, but this is one of the most useful. I had written before about how to select a specific tab with a keyboard hotkey, which I use to easily switch back to my RSS reader of choice (Google Reader).
Today I was wondering how I could quickly close a tab that I had opened. When using Google Reader, using the “v” hotkey will open up the currently selected item in a new tab. I wanted a simpler way to close the tab than having to hit Ctrl+F4, which is a little more difficult to use.
Here’s the shortcut key to quickly close a tab in Firefox:
Ctrl + W
This key combination is much easier to use.
- › Keyboard Ninja: 21 Keyboard Shortcut Articles
- › Quick Hits: 11 Firefox Tab How-Tos
- › The Best Tips and Tweaks for Getting the Most Out of Firefox
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web