Think you have the perfect combination of geek knowledge and writing skills? We’re looking for an experienced writer to join our team, and here are all the details.
We need a new writer to cover topics surrounding Windows 7 or 8, home networking, home routers, security, media, troubleshooting, mobile devices, and many similar topics. We are not looking for writers that focus solely on Linux or tech news writers.
Please apply if you have the following qualities:
- You must be a geek at heart.
- You must be able to put in plenty of time, work, and dedication. If you’re too busy already, don’t apply.
- You must be able to write articles that are easy to understand.
- You must be creative. You must generate ideas for articles on your own, and take suggestions like a pro.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have solid English writing skills.
- You must be able to write tips, how-to articles, explainers, guides, instructional articles, etc. Again, we are not looking for tech news writers.
Here’s a couple of our previous articles so you can get an idea of what we’re looking for in terms of quality and content. Please make sure to look through these before you decide to apply.
- How-to Article: Make Your Own Windows 8 Start Button with Zero Memory Usage
- Explainer: HTG Explains: When Do You Need to Update Your Drivers?
- Explainer: HTG Explains: Why Do Hard Drives Show the Wrong Capacity in Windows?
- How-To Article: How to Factory Reset Your Android Phone or Tablet When It Won’t Boot
These are just examples, but they are all solid articles that we’re proud of.
How To Apply (Important)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in your email:
- Explain why your geek skills are worth touting to millions of readers each month.
- Your name and location.
- Any previous experience you have with writing, not necessarily with blogging.
- Whether or not you are currently employed, and what you do if you are.
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with, and what operating systems/computers you have access to. Windows is a must.
- Most Important: We want a writing sample. If you have previous writing to showcase, feel free to share that.
Just in case you’re wondering…
- This is a paid contract writer position. We also have a competitive bonus program.
- We don’t have normal office hours, or even an office. This is strictly a telecommuting job.
- We don’t need a Linux or tech news writer. Make sure to read the articles linked above.
- Bonus points if you can find the typo in this post.
So what are you waiting for? Email us already!
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)