Earlier this week we asked you to share what’s on your geeky Christmas list; you responded and we’re back to share your longed for tech goodies.
The most requested item was this year’s hot introduction to the project board market: the Raspberry Pi. Dave writes:
A Rapsberry Pi to tinker with, especially to see if I can get it up and running with OpenElec/Raspbmc and a torrent client for a low power media centre/htpc
We just finished setting up a batch of new 512MB Raspberry Pi systems running the newest release of Rasbmbc and can’t recommend it enough–new refinements in Raspbmc and the extra 256MB of RAM really improve the media center experience.
All John wants is a real keyboard so he can escape the torture of using a touch screen:
I want a wireless keyboard for my Blackberry Play Book ….
I’m not very good @ touch screens :(
We feel your pain John, we manage with touch screen keyboards OK but always find ourselves longing for a nice sturdy mechanical keyboard.
Finally, a geeky wish to finish the reader wishlist roundup: Urichhai wishes for:
There’s no finer way to indulge your love of Doctor Who and simultaneously declare your geekhood to your office mates.
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website