The built-in People app in Windows 8 allows you to pull in your contact lists from a few different social networks. The problem comes when you start to get duplicate entries, here’s how to link contacts together without losing any information.
How to Link Contacts in the People App
Linking contacts is actually quite easy, however, the option is a bit hidden if you are not use to the new “Modern UI” way of doing things. To get started click on one of the contacts you want to merge.
Now right click anywhere on the screen to bring up the App Bar at the bottom of the screen. Then click on the Link button.
Windows 8 is actually pretty smart and will try guess what contact you are trying to link to, and for the most part gets it right. So just go ahead and select one of the options on the right hand side.
You can add more than one contact if you wish to merge a few, you will be able to see all the contacts that will get merged in the Linked profiles list on the left hand side.
When you have all the profiles you want to Link lined up, go ahead and right click again to bring up the App Bar then save your changes.
The result is one contact linked to all the social media outlets.
It also cleans up your contact list.
That’s all there is to it.
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)