Windows 8 comes with a new hybrid boot system, this means that your PC is never really off. It also means that Windows has the permission to wake your PC as it needs. Here’s how to stop it from waking up your PC to do maintenance tasks.
How to Stop Windows 8 Waking Up Your PC to Run Maintenance
Right click in the bottom left hand corner of your screen to bring up the WinX menu and launch the Control Panel.
When the Control Panel opens head into the System and Security section.
Then into the Action Center.
Now you will need to expand the Maintenance section.
Then click on the Change maintenance settings hyperlink.
Here you will see a box that allows Windows to wake your PC up to do maintenance tasks, uncheck it.
That’s all there is to it, click OK and you are good to go.
Note: we don’t recommend changing this setting, but it is good to know.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?