Windows 8 comes with a new hybrid boot system, this means that your PC is never really off. It also means that Windows has the permission to wake your PC as it needs. Here’s how to stop it from waking up your PC to do maintenance tasks.
How to Stop Windows 8 Waking Up Your PC to Run Maintenance
Right click in the bottom left hand corner of your screen to bring up the WinX menu and launch the Control Panel.
When the Control Panel opens head into the System and Security section.
Then into the Action Center.
Now you will need to expand the Maintenance section.
Then click on the Change maintenance settings hyperlink.
Here you will see a box that allows Windows to wake your PC up to do maintenance tasks, uncheck it.
That’s all there is to it, click OK and you are good to go.
Note: we don’t recommend changing this setting, but it is good to know.
- › 5 Annoying Features You Can Disable on Samsung Phones
- › How Much Upload Speed Do You Really Need?
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People
- › Here’s How Mozilla Thunderbird Is Making a Comeback in 2022
- › Why Unlimited Mobile Data Isn’t Actually Unlimited