Lets face it, Windows 8 is a major change to Windows, and for many, quite confusing. Today we’re releasing our very very first book: The How-To Geek Guide to Windows 8, which is written to be easy enough for anybody to understand, but comprehensive enough for experts to enjoy.
There’s over a thousand screenshots and pictures in the book to help you get the hang of navigating around Windows 8, and nearly a thousand pages of content so there’s nothing you won’t understand. Everything is covered in traditional How-To Geek style, with step-by-step instructions complete with pictures, more pictures, and even more pictures. There’s over a thousand pictures in this book!
This book is priced very reasonably for a nearly thousand-page computer book, at only $9.99 on the Amazon Kindle store. We don’t use DRM, and you can use it on any device that supports Kindle—including reading it directly in your web browser.
If you like How-To Geek, you’ll like this book.
Buy it now: https://www.howtogeek.com/g/windows8book
The last chapter of the book is chock full of interesting tips for using Windows 8 effectively, including how to bypass the new Start Screen, how to disable the new Lock Screen, or even how to get the Start Button back. There’s loads of tips scattered throughout the book to help you. There’s literally 1100 full color pictures throughout the book.
You won’t find a more comprehensive book for the same price. We don’t think that computer books should be so expensive, so every one of our books both now and in the future will be less than 10 bucks. We don’t think there should be DRM on the books, so you can download it and do what you want with it. It’s our way of trying to change the world of books for the better.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Windows 8 – covers everything you need to understand how to navigate around Windows 8 and get used to the new features, like the Start Screen, Charms Bar, and the new Touch features.
- Personalizing the Windows Interface – covers tweaking the look and feel of your new Start Screen, Lock Screen, Live Tiles, and the traditional Desktop.
- Windows 8 Store Apps – covers using the new Windows Store to find applications, and the built-in Windows 8 apps like Mail, Weather, Calendar, Finance, and more.
- Browsing with Internet Explorer 10 – covers using the new Touch-enabled full-screen browser, how to pin web sites to the Start Screen, and more.
- Using Windows Search – covers the new Start Screen search in-depth, including how to search for Apps, Files, Settings, and even search inside an app.
- Organizing Files and Information – covers the new File Explorer in Windows 8, which has a ribbon interface, as well as the basics like Libraries and more.
- Networking Basics: Connectivity and Sharing – covers using wireless connections in Windows 8, and using HomeGroups to share resources.
- Protecting Your System Against Disaster – covers using the new Windows Defender, Firewall, System Restore, and even the new Refresh and Reset to reinstall your PC without losing your files and documents.
- Controlling Your Computer’s Settings – goes in-depth into the Control Panel and the new PC Settings panel to explain how to customize your PC.
- Using Windows Media Player – covers everything you could ever possibly want to know about using Media Player in Windows 8.
- Advanced Administration: Managing Your PC – covers everything from Resource Monitor, Advanced Startup and Recovery, User Management, and even Remote Desktop.
- Installing Windows 8 – covers how to install Windows 8, including the best practices for how to install, how to create a Thumb Drive installer, and more.
- Help and Support – covers your help options in Windows 8. Tip: Your best help is this book!
- 30 Tips for Using Windows 8 More Effectively – the hidden gem in this book, this chapter goes through a set of hidden tips, tweaks, and customization options you can use to get the most out of Windows 8.
Get Your Copy Today
Just head to this link to grab your own copy. It’s only $9.99 and it’ll work anywhere – you can even read it in your web browser.
Buy it Now: https://www.howtogeek.com/g/windows8book
Note: The book is currently available on the Amazon Kindle platform only. We’ll be looking into other options in the future.