Have you ever opened a webpage only to have all sorts of multimedia on the page just start playing? Firefox has a hidden feature that was designed to prevent situations just like that. Read on to find out how to enable it.
Enabling Click To Play Extension in Firefox
Open Firefox and navigate to about:config.
You will be sarcastically warned that you about to void your warranty, just click on the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button to move on.
Now search for:
Next you need to toggle the setting so that the value is true.
Once you are done restart Firefox. To test it out, head over to YouTube and click on any video, you will notice you will have to click on the plugin to activate it.
That’s all there is to it.
- › How Wondershare PDFelement Enables Faster, Simpler, and Smoother PDF Editing Than Ever
- › How to See Which iPhone Apps Are Listening to Your Microphone
- › How to Use Microsoft’s “Money in Excel” to Manage Your Finances
- › How to Change Watch Faces on Apple Watch
- › How to See the Most Recent Updates Windows 10 Installed