Microsoft changed a lot of display elements in Windows 8, including removing drop shadows from nearly everything–including the mouse pointer. If you want to re-enable it, here’s how to do it.
Re-Enabling Mouse Shadows
Press the Windows + E keyboard combination top open Explorer, then right-click on Computer and select properties from the context menu.
Now click on the Advanced system settings link on the left hand side.
Under the Performance section, click on the Settings button.
Here, enable the show shadows under your mouse pointer setting, then click apply.
That’s all there is to it.
- › How to Check Your Heart Rate and Breathing with Your Android Phone
- › Instagram Personal, Business, and Creator Accounts: What’s the Difference?
- › How to Add Attachments to Gmail by Pasting Files into Chrome
- › How to Quickly Search Open Tabs in Firefox
- › How to Quickly Set a Timer on Your iPhone or iPad