If you have just switched to Windows 8, or are about to, and find yourself constantly sending files to the recycle bin by mistake, it’s probably because Microsoft disabled the delete confirmation dialog, here’s how to re-enable it.
Enabling the Delete Confirmation Dialog
Right-click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop and select Properties from the context menu.
You need to check the box near the bottom of the Properties dialog that enables the confirmation dialog.
If you now go try and delete something you will immediately be asked if you really want to send the item(s) to the recycle bin.
That’s all there is to it, remember if you want to delete something without sending it to the recycle bin you can always use the Shift + Delete keyboard combination.
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › Vertagear SL5000 Gaming Chair Review: Comfortable, Adjustable, Imperfect
- › UGREEN Nexode 100W Charger Review: More Than Enough Power
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › 10 Quest VR Headset Features You Should Be Using