Editing the Windows context menu can be done manually by hacking away at the Registry, but you may not be ready to dig in there just yet, in that case read on to see how you can get the registry keys generated for you.
Creating Your Own Context Menu Items
Head over to the Win7 Utilities website and grab a copy of the portable version of Your Menu.
Once downloaded fire up the application and give your menu a name.
Now click on the next text box which will bring up a file browser, here you can select the file that you wish to launch from the context menu.
Then go ahead and click on the Generate REG file button.
Once you have selected a location to save the registry entries, you will notice that two files were created. One file creates the context menu entries, and the other is incase you wish to undo the changes at a later stage.
When you go to insert the new registry keys you will be warned about trusting the source of the file, just click yes to continue.
That’s all there is to it.
- › How to Send Directions to Waze on Your Phone From Your Computer
- › How to Share and Assign Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Turn Off Automatic Picture-in-Picture on iPhone
- › How to Disable iMessage Mention Notifications on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Control Smart Home Devices in the Control Center on iPhone or iPad