If you have been following How-To Geek for a while, you will probably have noticed that we are fans of the Win + R keyboard combo. You too can take advantage of it by adding your very own commands to it, here’s how.
Creating a Custom Alias
We will be needing a third party utility for this since Windows doesn’t allow us to do this out of the box, so head over to this developer’s website and grab a copy of the Win + R Alias Manager.
Once the file has been downloaded you will need to extract it.
Now head into the folder and run WinRAliasManager.exe.
When the program opens you will need to click on the add button.
Now you can choose an alias for you program, as well select the program that you wish to launch.
When you are ready click on the OK button, and then press the Win + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box.
Then the alias you chose and then press enter.
That’s all there is to it.
- › How to Send Directions to Waze on Your Phone From Your Computer
- › How to Share and Assign Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Turn Off Automatic Picture-in-Picture on iPhone
- › How to Disable iMessage Mention Notifications on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Control Smart Home Devices in the Control Center on iPhone or iPad