If you have been following How-To Geek for a while, you will probably have noticed that we are fans of the Win + R keyboard combo. You too can take advantage of it by adding your very own commands to it, here’s how.
Creating a Custom Alias
We will be needing a third party utility for this since Windows doesn’t allow us to do this out of the box, so head over to this developer’s website and grab a copy of the Win + R Alias Manager.
Once the file has been downloaded you will need to extract it.
Now head into the folder and run WinRAliasManager.exe.
When the program opens you will need to click on the add button.
Now you can choose an alias for you program, as well select the program that you wish to launch.
When you are ready click on the OK button, and then press the Win + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box.
Then the alias you chose and then press enter.
That’s all there is to it.
- › How to Check Your Heart Rate and Breathing with Your Android Phone
- › Instagram Personal, Business, and Creator Accounts: What’s the Difference?
- › How to Add Attachments to Gmail by Pasting Files into Chrome
- › How to Quickly Search Open Tabs in Firefox
- › How to Quickly Set a Timer on Your iPhone or iPad