Have you ever connected your Laptop to a wired network point in your house and continued to get wireless network speeds ? Here’s how you can quickly fix that, the easy way.
Giving Your Wired Connection Higher Priority
Press the Win + R keyboard combination and type ncpa.cpl into the run box, then hit enter.
When the Network Connections window opens you will need to hit the alt key to display the classic menu bar.
Once its available click on advanced, and then choose the Advanced Settings option.
Here you will see the preference of your network connections. In order to make your laptop use a wired connection, if available, even when connected to a wireless network, you will need to select Wi-Fi and then click on the green arrow pointing down.
This will automatically bump Ethernet to the top.
That’s all there is to it.
- › Why Does My Wi-Fi Keep Going Out?
- › The Best How-To Geek Articles for June 2012
- › The Logitech Litra Will Brighten Your Webcam View at $10 Off
- › How to Use an Advanced Filter in Microsoft Excel
- › How to Move a Table in Google Docs
- › Score Microsoft’s New Surface Pro 9 at Its Lowest Price Ever
- › Linux on Apple Silicon Macs Is Now Good Enough for Gaming
- › How to Enable Battery-Saving Mode in Google Chrome