Have you ever connected your Laptop to a wired network point in your house and continued to get wireless network speeds ? Here’s how you can quickly fix that, the easy way.
Giving Your Wired Connection Higher Priority
Press the Win + R keyboard combination and type ncpa.cpl into the run box, then hit enter.
When the Network Connections window opens you will need to hit the alt key to display the classic menu bar.
Once its available click on advanced, and then choose the Advanced Settings option.
Here you will see the preference of your network connections. In order to make your laptop use a wired connection, if available, even when connected to a wireless network, you will need to select Wi-Fi and then click on the green arrow pointing down.
This will automatically bump Ethernet to the top.
That’s all there is to it.
- › The Best How-To Geek Articles for June 2012
- › Why Does My Wi-Fi Keep Going Out?
- › Jam Outdoors With This Harman Portable Speaker, Now $199.99
- › Which Browser Offers the Best Privacy Protection?
- › The Meta Quest 2 Is Returning to Its Original Price
- › The Meta Quest 3 Will Have a 2x GPU Boost and a Price Hike
- › Your Gigabyte Motherboard Might Have a Security Flaw
- › Clean Without Compromise and Save on the Roborock S7 Max Ultra