Windows 8 comes with a new Live Tile feature that allows applications to send you information through their tile on the Start Screen. Carry on reading to find how you can individually turn off Live Tiles.
Turning Off a Live Tile in Windows 8
Make sure you are on the Start Screen, if not, press the Windows key to get there.
Next we need to select the tile that we want to disable, to do this we right-click on it.
If you look to the bottom of the screen, you will see a Turn off live tile button, click it.
You can see that the date is no longer shown on our tile.
This little tip will work for any Live Tile on the Start Screen.
- › Here’s How Windows 11’s New Start Menu Works Differently
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › I Bought a Leather Phone Case and I’m Never Going Back
- › How to Test and Replace Your CMOS Battery
- › Whatever Happened to Two-Picture TVs?
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw
- › Google Wallet Is Getting an Upgrade on Android Phones
- › The Best Smart Smoke Detectors of 2023