Windows 8 comes with a new Live Tile feature that allows applications to send you information through their tile on the Start Screen. Carry on reading to find how you can individually turn off Live Tiles.
Turning Off a Live Tile in Windows 8
Make sure you are on the Start Screen, if not, press the Windows key to get there.
Next we need to select the tile that we want to disable, to do this we right-click on it.
If you look to the bottom of the screen, you will see a Turn off live tile button, click it.
You can see that the date is no longer shown on our tile.
This little tip will work for any Live Tile on the Start Screen.
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › Here’s How Windows 11’s New Start Menu Works Differently
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Available Now
- › 4 Useless Tech Products You Shouldn’t Buy
- › Do I Need Gold Plating on My Cables?
- › Should You Buy a Drone?
- › The Best Budget Speakers of 2022
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements