Internet Explorer 9 has a minimal interface by default, with the tab bar and the toolbar and address bar on the same line. However, you can gain even more viewable space by pressing F11 to go to full screen mode.
If you like full screen mode and want to use it most of the time, you can have Internet Explorer open in that mode automatically, by editing a setting in the registry. To begin, enter “regedit” (without the quotes) in the Search box on the Start menu. When the results display, click regedit.exe or press Enter when it’s highlighted.
If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes to continue.
NOTE: You may not see this dialog box, depending on your User Account Control settings.
Navigate to the following key in the tree on the left.
Double-click on the FullScreen item on the right.
Change the Value data to “yes” (without the quotes) and click OK.
Close the Registry Editor by selecting Exit from the File menu.
Now, Internet Explorer will always open in full screen mode. Remember, you can turn full screen mode on and off by pressing F11.
- › How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER