We have already shown you how you can disable the Windows Store in Windows 8, but what if you have already installed some Metro applications or intend on doing so, but don’t want them to be uninstalled? Read on to find out how you can do this.
Removing Uninstall From the Start Screen
Press the Windows + R key combination to bring up a run box, type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
Now you will need to drill down into:
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar
On the right hand side you will see a setting called “Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start”, double click on it.
Now switch the radio button from “Not Configured” to “Enabled”, then click on the OK button.
Next we need to force the updated policy to take effect on your PC, to do this press the Windows + R key combination, when the run box opens run:
That is all there is to it. When you right-click on a Metro tile the uninstall option will no longer appear.
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › The Best Smart Smoke Detectors of 2023
- › Google Wallet Is Getting an Upgrade on Android Phones
- › Update iTunes on Windows Now to Fix a Security Flaw
- › Whatever Happened to Two-Picture TVs?
- › How to Test and Replace Your CMOS Battery
- › I Bought a Leather Phone Case and I’m Never Going Back