Assigning shortcut keys to launch programs in Windows is probably one of the oldest geek tricks in the book, but in true geek fashion we are going to show you how to do it in Windows 8.
Launching a Program with a Shortcut Key
Hotkeys in Windows are applied to shortcuts, this allows you to create hotkeys to files and folders as well as programs. All you have to do is find, or create, a shortcut to the program you wish to open with a hotkey, right click on that shortcut and select properties from the context menu.
When the Properties dialog for the shortcut loads, click on the Shortcut key textbox.
Now all you need to do is press the key on your keyboard that you want to get teamed up with ctrl and alt.
Click the OK button and you’re good to go.
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › Vertagear SL5000 Gaming Chair Review: Comfortable, Adjustable, Imperfect
- › 10 Quest VR Headset Features You Should Be Using
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › What’s the Best TV Viewing Distance?