If you don’t already have a quick launch icon or a hotkey set to open a command prompt, there’s really quick trick that you can do on any Windows 7 or Vista computer to open up a command prompt without having to navigate the menu.
Just hold down the Shift key and right-click on the desktop…
And then you can choose “Open Command Window Here” from the menu. The great thing about this is that the current path is the desktop, which is convenient for manipulating files on the desktop.
Of course you can always right-click on any folder icon in the system while holding down the shift key:
Or inside any folder:
The great thing about this trick is that it works when you are working on somebody else’s computer… it also would be an easy way to open a command prompt when using a CrossLoop session to remotely fix a computer.
- › 20 of the Best Stupid Geek Tricks to Impress Your Friends
- › 20 of the Best Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most out of the Windows Command Line
- › Stupid Geek Tricks: Secret Items on the Windows 7 Send To Menu
- › Lenovo Just Revealed New Yoga and Slim Windows Laptops
- › How to Create ChatGPT Personas for Every Occasion
- › DirectX 11 vs. DirectX 12: Which Is Better for Gaming?
- › How to Run a ChatGPT-like AI on Your Own PC
- › SIMO Solis Lite Hotspot Review: Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi Wingman