We have already shown you how you can use the new refresh and reset features in Windows 8 instead of formatting your PC, the problem is that you are required to insert your Windows DVD every time you want to use the features. Here’s how to do it without the DVD.
Refresh or Reset Your Windows 8 PC Without the DVD
The first thing you need to do is create a new folder on the root of your primary drive and call it “Windows8Files”
Now insert your DVD into your PC, or mount the ISO File and navigate to:
Copy the install.wim file off your DVD into the Windows8Files folder we just created.
Next we need to launch and administrative command prompt, so move your mouse to the bottom left of your screen and right-click then select Command Prompt (admin) from the context menu.
Now we need to run the following command:
reagentc.exe /setosimage /path C:\Windows8Files /target C:\Windows /Index 1
Now you can refresh or reset you PC as normal, except it wont ask you to insert your DVD.
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › How to Use Windows 7’s Backup Tools in Windows 8
- › Apple’s MetalFX Technology Is the Start of the Mac Gaming Revolution
- › How to Enable Battery-Saving Mode in Google Chrome
- › Score Microsoft’s New Surface Pro 9 at Its Lowest Price Ever
- › Dish TV Just Lost Channels in 9 Areas
- › The Logitech Litra Will Brighten Your Webcam View at $10 Off
- › Here Are the Best iPhone Apps of 2022, According to Apple