One of the most frustrating changes in Windows Vista is the lack of the “Up” button when browsing the file system. Sure, there’s been a slightly buggy add-on that you can use, but how about a really solid Up button that just works and doesn’t bloat your system?
If that’s what you are looking for, and you don’t mind paying $5, there is an add-on called Mavis Up Button that does exactly that, and nothing more.
The Up button works in Explorer:
Or in Control Panel:
There’s only one bug… the button stays “active” even if you are “up” as far as you can go (the Desktop). It’s not a big deal, but perfectionists might be annoyed by it.
If you are using a custom visual style, you’ll also notice that it doesn’t change with those themes.
Download Mavis Up Button Trial Version
- › Bing Chat AI Now Has Better Search and Higher Limits
- › Fix: “Message Has Not Been Downloaded From the Server” on iPhone
- › You Can Wash Your Motherboard In a Dishwasher (But You Probably Shouldn’t)
- › How to Know If Someone Restricted You on Instagram
- › ChatGPT Network Error: 7 Fixes to Try
- › How to Enable Dark Mode in Real Life