If you’re creating a large document with several pages you might want to add page numbers to keep them in order. Today we show you how to add page numbers on your documents in Word 2007 & 2010.
Add Page Numbers in 2007
To add page numbers, open your Word document and click the Insert tab on the Ribbon and select Page Number. From here select where you want the page numbers to appear in the document and choose from the gallery of page number formats.
In this example we selected the “Bold Numbers 1” format for the Footer, and after selected they will appear in the document.
After you’ve selected the page number format Headers & Footer Tools open in the Design tab. From here you can change different options such as Different Odd & Even Pages.
If you go to Print Preview, you can see how the page numbers will look when the document is printed out. If it doesn’t look how you like it, you can close out of Print Preview and choose another.
The process is virtually identical in Word 2010 as well. The only difference is when you view it in Print Preview, you’ll have more options offered in Backstage view.
The only difference is when you view it in Print Preview, you’ll have more options offered in Backstage view.
That is really all there is to it. The next time you have a large document with several pages, you’ll be able to insert page numbers to help people keep track of the data.
- › How to Add a Header or Footer to a Word Document
- › The Best How-To Geek Articles About Microsoft Office
- › How to Enable and Disable Field Shading in Word
- › How To Create Printable Booklets in Microsoft Word
- › How to Insert Page X of Y into a Header or Footer in Word
- › Ubuntu 18.04 Support Is About to End, but Not for Everyone
- › Windows 11 Is Testing Updates to the Microsoft Store
- › OverDrive, the Library eBook App, Is Shutting Down